Music and a Child's Development
There is a link between a child's development and music. Music lessons help children develop in the following main areas:
- Music Skills: Children love music and it is really at the core of a child's development. From learning nursery rhymes, to making music with their hands and mouths, to singing to them, music is actually one of the very first things they are introduced to.
- Cognitive Development: music has proven to help children not only in the arts but other areas such as maths, languages and science.
- Motor Skills: When children create music, they improve fine motor skills, coordination, and rhythm. Music moves us to dance and when children dance to music, they increase coordination, flexibility, and motor skills. They start to discover and learn about their bodies and what it can do, helping to build their confidence.
- Language Development: Music is a form of communication. One of the ways that children learn to communicate is through music, expression and movement.
- Social Skills: Having a class with other children to join in the fun, your little one will learn how to play with friends, share and discover the joy of music with their peers!